Image was with storage bench
First used in the Ottoman Empire, from which it gets its name, the ottoman
My compelling case to buy an ottoman are that
- there are a wide range of styles and sizes making the ottoman excellent furnishings for small space living;
- they're mobile and can be moved around;
- ottomans make great extra seating ares, especially for entertaining;
- they can function as a cocktail table;
- some styles include storage areas;
- there's a style for any room--to a dining table; at the foot of a bed; in the living room; even in a hallway; and
- they're great furnishings that can add color and texture to a decor.
Check out just some of styles of ottoman
The visual appeal, comfort and practical use of the ottoman is almost endless, making it very easy to adapt to your lifestyle and taste. Oh, I almost forgot to mention, they can be moved around with great ease. They're easy to find ready made. But if you add a little more to the budget, you can purchase custom made ottomans from many of your major fine furniture stores.
If you're relatively near (or even a phone call away) a Calico Corner store, you may be surprised that they offer quality custom furniture, as well as a broad selection of fabric.
Yes, a small living room can be accommodated with an oversized ottoman!
Here an ottoman adds a delicious pop of color to a somewhat neutral decor:
Need some space to stack your current books for reading?
Indeed, space in this small space living room is tight; yet, an ottoman stored under a table provides extra seating when needed. Note how it gives more texture and pattern to the small space.
In this coastal decor, the ottoman again illustrates its versatility as additional seating, a coctail table and offering the important role of adding color and texture to the decor.
Living in small spaces means every piece of furniture is an important piece. Consider pieces of furniture that are multi-functional such as the ottoman. It provides seating; a flat surface to serve or even store items on it; can add storage space; and color and texture to complete the decor scheme.
This is update post moved from the blog annsliees dated October 2014.
You may be interested in more decor ideas for small spaces:
Follow my Pinterest board on Apartment & Small Space Living Ideas: