Roasted vegetables are simply always easy to make and wonderfully delicious because the roastinig intensifies the flavor. It's pariticularly fun to make because there are so many combinations of vegetables that can be thrown together. Just toss in oil with your favorite seasoning.
Here, as always, I like to keep the seasoning simple: salt, pepper and thyme.
Prep Time 15 minutes, Cook Time 30 minutes
- 16 ounces of small red potatoes, scrubed, skin left on and cut into quarters
- 1 bunch of whole thin carrots, skin peeled off
- 1 whole green bell pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1/2 yellow (or red) bell pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 5 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1-2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste (I had used coarse black pepper)
- Preheat oven 425 degrees F
- In a large bowl, toss all ingredients thoroughly
- Spread out vegetables on a sheet baking pan
- Roast 30-35 minutes
The raw vegetables spread out on a baking sheet
Serve with your favorite savory dish. I like serving it with roasted vegetable that I make from my recipe Pan-Fried Chicken Breast Tenderloin With Celery Gravy