What's not to love in a cold smoothie, especially on a warm spring or summer day! Well, you can pucker up for this one with fresh lemon juice, mangos and yogurt. The sour flavor is balanced with honey and then given a gentle kick from the ground ginger. For a little crunch and interest, chia seeds are added.
Yields 24 ounces
Suggested tools: blender
- 2 mangos, peeled, seed removed and chopped
- 1/3 cup of fresh lemon juice (about 1 whole lemon)
- 2/3 cup of low fat yogurt
- 2-3 Tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon chai seeds (optional)
- 5-6 ice cubes
- lemon slice or peel for garnish
Place all ingredients except the ice cubes in a blender. Mix well. Add ice cubes, pulse on chop for about 6-10 times or until ice cubes are crushed. Serve in chilled glasses and garnish.
Estimated Nutritional Value: