This recipe is how my grandmother made potato salad: potatoes, hard-boiled eggs, cheddar cheese, pickles and onions. She brought it all together with mayonaisse and mustard.
Some folks in my family would add sugar but I never do. There is more than enough sweet flavor in all of the ingredients, particularly the sweet pickles and Vadalia onions. I can never eat enough potatoes but its heavy carb make up makes it an occasional treat.
For a dish that is so delicious, it's really quite easy to make. Just chop and dice ingredients.
Add Mircle whip, a litte dijon mustard, and mix. Garnish with paprika, nutmeg or even crumbled bacon.
Your done! Serve warm or chilled.
See just how easy it is to make this plain ole' potato salad:
- 2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, washed then soft boiled with skin on and chopped
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 3 ounces extra-sharp cheddar cheese, diced
- 5-6 sweet pickles, medium sliced
- 1/4 of a large Vidalia onions, chopped
- 3 heaping serving spoons of Miracle whip (tm) or mayonaise (or more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sprinkle with paprika or nutmeg or garnish bacon crumbs
Leaving the skin on the potatoes is optional. But potato skin includes a lot of nutrients. Boil potatoes until soft but not mushy (about 30-45 minutes on a medium boil). It should be easy to stick a fork down into the potatoes; yet, they still remain a little firm.
Add the first 5 ingredients to a large bowl. Add Miracle whip (tm) and Dijon mustard and mix well. Salt and pepper to taste. Garnish according to taste. Serve warm or chilled.
How do you make your potato salad?
I woud love to know. Share in the comment box below.
TO LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW AS ANONYMOUS,
LOGIN AND TYPE "ANON" IN THE NAME FIELD.