This London broil roast beef salad is wonderfully fresh, quick and easy to make--and so very delicious. Add hot buttered roles and a glass of wine to complete the feast. The recipe is for one but can easily be increased for two or more.
London Broil in the U.S. versus Flank Steak:
I had purchased the roast slices from my local deli store. Note that London broil, in the U.S., is a flank steak that has been cut into large pieces, tenderized by marinating, broiled or grilled, then thinly sliced across the grain. The term is also used for a various thick cuts of meat including sirloin tip and top round. -from Food Lover's Companion, Third Edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst.
- Slice of London broil roast beef, cut about 1/4" thick. and then cut into strips
- Lettuce, your choice (I had used leafy green lettuce.)
- Red onions, sliced
- One Hard boiled egg
Adjust salad quantity for the number of people you'll be serving.
- 1/3 cup Miracle whip or mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 3 Tablespoons freshly grated horseradish (Add a litte more if you want more of a bite.)
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
Mix ingredients. Store in tight container, chill. Yields 3/4 of a cup.