This is such a simple and refreshing salad. The Greek yogurt salad dressing includes the wonderful flavors of lemon and honey and a touch of poppy seeds, a perfect marriage with the sweetness of the red papaya and subtle taste of the steamed shrimp. Serves 2
Of course, start with the freshest ingredients. I just love the colors and aromas of the fresh papaya and strawberries.
That red onion was definitely on the attack, so I only diced a little of it.
Pile the papaya, strawberries and red onions on a bed of lettuce of your choice.
Add the steamed shrimp. Then drip the delicately tangy dressing over all of it.
- Shrimps, cleaned and precooked, preferably wild caught shrimps or 31-40 ct, about 12 shrimps
- Red papaya, 1 cup cubed
- Red onion, 1/4 cup diced
- Strawberries, 8 large ones cut into quarters
Pile salad ingredients on a bed of lettuce and add a lemon wedge.
- Greek yogurt, 1 cup
- Honey (wildflower), 2 Tablespoons
- Orange juice, 1 Tablespoon, fresh or natural
- Fresh lemon juice, 3-1/2 Tablespoons
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon poppy seeds (optional)
For salad dressing, combine ingredients. Gently stir until well mixed. Yields 1 cup of dressing.
Would you like a bite?